The road and my fathers’ wheels have brought me back to my little house in the woods once again. The holiday was a lovely, care free week that all humans should take part in at least once a year. A place where mostly all you can do is talk, walk and think. It’s a bit like Cuba I think. Everyone out there is very into ‘family and friends’ and that is mainly because they don’t have enough money to be into much else, but everyone is happy. That is what our holiday was like. Except we were not lacking in money, there just wasn’t anything our money could buy.
I did take a few samples from the place but mostly of conversation or excited voices during made up games involving mustard lids being flicked into cups strategically placed around a table. But I did get a few interesting recordings of the waves and voices in the wind. I can only imagine what they will influence me to create.
On another note, A Future Without’s second Samurai.FM mix has come out and a piece of mine features (Mr Tickle). The track list is as follows.
1. ANIMALS ON WHEELS – CLIMBING BLINDFOLD (AFW)
2. DANIEL DIXON – WAKING UP (AFW)
3. ADRIN SJOTIU – OG ATTA (AFW)
4. EMU – THE WISH ME WELL (AFW)
5. FLOW – NEW WORLD ORDER (AFW)
6. BROKEN CHIP – SUMMER STARS (AFW)
7. VOODOOENTNIES – THE WINTER (AFW)
8. NIQO – KILLIN TRUT (AFW)
9. MEMOTONE – MR TICKLE (AFW)
10. MOABI – GOING WEST (AFW)
11. HSAW – REKNOW MUDD (AFW)
12. CHEWY BENSON – CASE CLOSED (AFW/REJECTONE)
13. ISAAC HIMSELF – RUNNING STAG (AFW)
14. TO TIRED – KIWI (ON SONG)
15. HEAD AND NECK SESSIONS – 1212 (AFW)
All The Best, memotone